Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th!

Would you believe that we ACTUALLY have patients that refuse to keep appointments on Friday the 13th? I am amazed! For the last 2 days, people have called in to reschedule for different reasons, but the old superstitious women who say, "Oh hunny, I just CAN'T come today! It's Friday, the 13th! Can I reschedule?" I just want to say, "Really? You're going to let a stupid old wivestale keep you in the house?" What do they think will happen?
My Nanny is one of the most superstitious people I know, so I can't be too hard on all of these others. She firmly believes you have to exit the same door you entered, you can't open umbrellas in the house, you absolutely positively CAN NOT for any reason wash clothes on New Year's Day, because you're washing "for a corpse", of course and other silly little things. She is so funny. I've tried to explain to her that there is no such thing as luck: good OR bad, but she is stuck in her ways. Her momma always abided by those rules and so will she.
She is supposed to be selling her old car today. She called last night to tell me that she will be picking it up this afternoon because she is to meet James at 3:00pm about the transaction. See, my Nanny's car WAS parked in my yard because we have a really good track record of quick sells on used cars! HAHAH! If only I could get commission for these cars!
When she called to tell me this, I immediately thought, "I can't believe she's going to do business on Friday the 13th." She didn't mention it, but I'm sure it crossed her mind. She was already in a tizzy over selling it to someone she knows. She doesn't like to do "business with friends" just in case something went wrong. She worries too much, but we all know that.
I guess I will see how her car selling went today. I'm sure I'll get the full scoop tonight at the party.
Take your precautions! Don't let Friday the 13th "git" ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment