Saturday, February 5, 2011

Surprise Party, Sleeping Late & Super Bowl

Shew! What a weekend already and it is only halfway over.
I'm sitting in my pj's on this cold, rainy Saturday with Pete laying across my feet (giving me NO wiggle room), Ellie snoring across the room as she basks in the heat of the living room register and Zac lounging on the other couch, wrapped up like burrito baby. I honestly can't believe that we slept until 10:30 this morning. WOW! I was just complaining yesterday about how I could sleep all day on a work day, but on Saturdays I wake up at 6:30am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Guess I proved myself wrong......is that possible? Anyway.....it is now 12:45pm and I've made no great strides. I've decided that laundry must be done so 2 loads have been completed. That's about all the effort I feel like putting forward today. Good times......being lazy. :)
Last night we went to East Coast Wings for Karlee & Kaytee's surprise 18th birthday. We hid in the backroom and when they came in we of course yelled the proverbial, "SURPRISE" thus scaring them along with everyone else in the back of the place. Kaytee turned around as if to head BACK out the door because she got nervous and then started to cry, while rubbing the "knot" out of her throat. It was hilarious. Karls didn't feel well as she's been sick all week, but she was happy to see everyone. I made a new BFF (sorry Jenn & Mer) while at the party and we talked hair, nails, boys and music. She loves Mt Dew, the color white and singing. We were meant to be friends. Who is the new-found friend? Katie Rowley. Well, excuse me, her given name it Kaitlyn Brooke Rowley. "I am 9 years old, in the 4th grade at Piney Grove Elementary and my favorite color is white. I have a boyfriend named Brock and he is cute, but he does not go to school with me. My brother doesn't like the fact that I have a boyfriend but he's just jealous."
These were her exact words to me after she ran up to me and hugged my neck.
She said, "I know the last time I really saw you, I was throwing up at VBS but I promise not to do that this year". I died laughing. She was a hoot.
After eating some of the best wings I've ever tasted and birthday cake, we left the party and headed to WalMart...on...a...Friday....night. I was quickly reminded WHY I avoid said place on Friday nights after we drove through the parking lot and spotted a nice, redneck family of 5 arguing to the top of their lungs. Surprisingly enough, not one of them dropped the cig that dangled from their mouths. Amazing, I know.
"We just have to get a few things for the week,.....ya know, bread, milk, cereal..." are the famous last words I spoke. With good intentions aside, our total came to $90. Now explain to me how bread and milk multiplies into a bamboo plate rack (for a Scentsy display idea) and much more groceries that I had no intentions of buying? I believe Sam Walton put some sort of voo-doo on that place that takes over your debit card without your knowledge. It is what it is and the groceries have been bought.
Today, we are headed to church around 2pm to get the bus ready for WinterJam tonight with Ignite Students. I'm very excited to go! The only downfall is that my BFF isn't going because the "sickness" has invaded her house and she and D have decided to lay low. Understandable but "BOOOOOO". WinterJam is our thing, ya know? I'll have to find a new "sangin' partner" to blare out my mad vocals with. I love concerts because no matter how badly you sing, you can belt it out as loud as possible and NO ONE cares because the music will always be louder than you!
Tomorrow is church, praise team, lunch, Scentsy meeting and SUPER BOWL PARTY, ( I made my very own Cheese-Head hat!)
I just wish the the weather would warm up.
More to come later....with Super Bowl updates of course.

1 comment:

  1. Katie Rowley is a hoot...that is for sure! :) She's adorable!

    Glad you got to sleep in...sorry about the Wal-Mart voodoo...and missing Winter Jam. Trust me...I would've loved to have been there! :)

    ReplyDelete